Crisis Management Specialist (CrMS)
A crisis is a sudden, complex and negative situation that leads to uncertainty and demands that leaders take decisions and actions within a short time frame.
A crisis is a sudden, complex and negative situation that leads to uncertainty and demands that leaders take decisions and actions within a short time frame; effective crisis management helps organisations prepare for a crisis when it hits, maintain business activity as far as possible and to recover from the crisis itself.
The course has the following objectives:
1. To understand what makes a “crisis” and the characteristics of the different forms crises can take.
2. To be able to utilise all stages of crisis management.
3. To understand the role that planning and prevention have in crisis management.
4. To develop the communication skills necessary for managing in a crisis.
5. To advance leadership in crisis situations.
By the end of this course, you will:
1. Understand the nature of a crisis, possible warning signs and the different types of crisis that exist.
2. Know the stages of crisis management.
3. Be able to plan for and act to prevent a crisis happening.
4. Know how to communicate in a crisis and work toward business continuity and recovery.
5. Have developed the essential competences for leading in a crisis with a focus on decision making.
The course will be of interest to anyone:
- may be called up or looked toward to lead in a crisis at any level
- will be required to deal with crisis communication
- wishes to develop their leadership in general
- may need to manage crisis conditions or lead a recovery
- anyone who wishes to prepare for a crisis and advance their decision making
The course has the following content:
- The key features of a crisis
- Types of crisis and warning signs
- The steps of crisis management
- Leadership in a crisis
- Making decisions in a crisis
- Assessing vulnerability and crisis prevention
- Creating a crisis plan
- Crisis training and crisis drilling
- Business continuity
- Crisis communication
- Recovering from a crisis
- Assessing crisis management case studies
The course will be assessed by a single reflective assignment detailing application of the training in your real-life working context.