Certificate in KPI Usage (CKPIU)
Performance measurement is a key managerial responsibility as well as a useful source of information. Correct usage of KPIs and other related concepts can seem daunting. and requires the right knowledge, skills, tools and approaches.
Performance measurement is a key managerial responsibility as well as a useful source of information. Correct usage of KPIs and other related concepts can seem daunting. and requires the right knowledge, skills, tools and approaches. Effective KPI usage aids in identifying issues, challenges, flaws and developmental needs as well as supporting decision-making and tracking of progress.
The course has the following objectives:
1. To understand the meaning, nature, types and uses of KPIs in the workplace.
2. To be able to use a range of tools and structures to set KPIs.
3. To avoid fundamental and common errors in KPI usage.
4. To be better able to track, record and report KPIs.
5. To understand key related concepts such as OKRs, KRIs and CSFs.
By the end of this course, you will:
1. Fully understand the nature and different types of KPI and how and when they can be used.
2. Be able to set KPIs at different organisational levels using tools such as KPI trees and link KPIs to vision, strategy and tactics.
3. Know what not to do when setting and using KPIs and be able to avoid errors in KPI usage such as equating KPIs with targets.
4. Know how dashboards can be used to monitor KPIs and identify training needs, performance issues, problems and more.
5. Be able to use concepts related to KPIs such as OKRS, KRIs and CSFs for driving performance of individuals, teams and organisations.
The course will be of interest to anyone who:
- is in a management position and needs to set or track KPIs for a project or on an organisational, team or individual level
- is confused about the meaning and purpose of KPIs
- wishes to expand their knowledge of business concepts in general
- is likely to be moving into a managerial position in the near future
- wishes to advance their knowledge of performance measurement
The course has the following content:
- Differentiating between goals, objectives, mission, vision, targets and KPIs
- What a KPI is and why they are needed
- Input, process and output KPIs
- Lagging and leading KPIs
- Selecting KPIs using KPI trees
- Errors in KPI setting and usage
- Using dashboards
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Linking KPIs to quality
- Using OKRs, CSFs, KSFs, KRAs and KRIs
The course will be assessed by production and submission of a portfolio detailing actual or planned application of the training at work.
£349 (GBP) / €419 (EUR) including preliminary interview, course materials, assessment and certification.